Tuesday, August 21, 2012

8/22 Outdoor Wednesday # 189

Outdoor-Wednesday-logo_thumb1_thumb1

It’s time for “Outdoor Wednesday”. Learn more about “Outdoor Wednesday” HERE

1. POST your outdoor photos and the Outdoor Wednesday logo/button on your blog and link back to http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ so that others will be able to find all the links to other Outdoor Wednesday posts.

Reminder: Do NOT link in until after your post is up.

2. Add your Name and the Permalink to your post (NOT your general blog address) in “Mr. Linky”. For help with permalink see HERE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hummingbirds are fun to watch. They can fly forwards, backwards, up, down ,sideways and  hover in mid air. It is easiest to get a picture when they are sitting still though!

hum1

hum2

hum3

hum4

hum5

Don’t forget to visit other Outdoor Wednesday participants by clicking on their links. Check back later to make certain you visit all the Outdoor Wednesday participants.

HERE ARE THIS WEEK’S PARTICIPANTS:

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shots of the beautiful hummingbird.
    Thanks for hosting.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Mette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snaps of the hummingbird! I love to watch them. Thanks for hosting.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute. I just bought a feeder today, and hope to have some humming around my yard soon.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I'd love to be quick enough to catch a hummingbird--with my camera of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice that they sat still for you to take photos of them. The pictures have a dreamlike quality to them, and so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No hummingbirds in Holland. They would freeze. I enjoy seeing yours. xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pictures you show.
    Hanne Bente

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan,

    Your hummingbirds are amazing! Wonderful photos of nature at its best. Enjoy the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your hummingbird pictures! Have a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those humming bird photos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are such amazing small birds. I thought I had a huge wasp by my head one day and it was a hummingbird! Thanks for sharing your photos and hosting Outdoor Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the speed of a humming bird!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you did a wonderful job catching these ever-moving little birds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love hummingbirds. They are indeed a lot of fun to watch. We have Anna's and Rufous here, and we get endless entertainment all year, since the Anna's stay here in winter. Beautiful pictures.

    Yael from Home Garden Diggers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just a quick note to all you photo meme participants - I have started a new photo meme, Orange You Glad It's Friday, featuring photography with a little or a lot of orange! It can be found on my blog every Friday. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what beautiful photos!! I so love watching hummingbirds.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love them...hummingbirds and rainbows just stop me in my tracks. They are hard to photograph, I usually end up with folage and no bird!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!